Please note: this feature is currently available only for our Team accounts (not available for the free solo account)
On Timeneye, it’s possible for team accounts to bulk import your Time entries from a CSV file. This feature is super useful to insert a big amount of data into Timeneye instead of doing it manually, which would be boring and time- consuming (and we hate time-consuming activities!).
How to prepare your CSV file for importing
Before you start importing data, there are a few thing you need to check so that our system can upload the CSV file correctly:
- the first row must be used only for titles;
- columns must be separated by comma;
- there are some required columns, specifically: entry time, entry date, project name, phase name, user name.
Client name and additional description columns are optional.
Importing your data into Timeneye
Once you’ve set up you CSV file, here’s a step by step guide to import your entries:
1) Drag and drop your file inside the CSV-entries tab;
2) Once the file is uploaded, you will be redirected to the Mapping view. Here you will have to match each column from the CSV file with the corresponding element on Timeneye:
4) The final steps: you will see an overview of the projects and phases to upload. You might be asked to link some projects and users in case our system doesn’t recognize them. At the end, simply click Confirm import;
5) While the system is importing your data, you will see the blue “Importing data” label appear. When the Import is finished, you will receive a confirmation email and the Import data view will be reset.
Looking for a way to import only projects and phases? Check the guide on our bulk Import projects and phases feature (Beta only).
Have a question? Need assistance? Make sure to drop us a line at [email protected]